PULPIT ROCK CLASSIC
Our most popular guided tour. A daily hike with guide to one of the world’s most iconic destinations. Amazing views, famous fjords, beautiful nature & lakes – it’s a classic!
PRICE FROM NOK 1.495,-
The Pulpit Rock
The Pulpit Rock, or Preikestolen as we say in Norwegian, has been named one of the world’s most spectacular viewing points by both CNN Go and Lonely Planet. It is the most visited nature attraction in Norway, and is a must-see for visitors to Stavanger!
- Style: Daily departure
- Group size: Maximum 8
- Distance: A 6km hike
- Difficulty: Medium / Moderate. Children should be 8 years or more
- Duration: Approx 10 hours (incl transportation)
Pulpit Rock Classic is a daily, guided hike tour for a maximum of 8 people, with pick-up points in Stavanger. We arrange transportation, including the scenic ferry ride, and the guide will make sure you get back and forth in a comfortable and convenient way. An early start puts us in position at the trail to Preikestolen before the crowds arrive. A local tour host will come along for the whole trip to make sure you have the best possible experience.
The hike itself takes about 4 hours round trip and is 8,5 kilometers long, consisting of slightly hilly terrain. You should be in generally good physical condition, and children should be 8 years or older. At the mountain plateau, rising 604 meters above Lysefjorden, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the spectacular view and take your selfies and pics. But remember – we do it in a safe manner!
We end the hike with a well-earned meal at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge before we head back to Stavanger.
You should wear lightweight hiking shoes or hiking boots, and clothing according to the weather.
The first pick-up is at 06:50 and the tour ends back in Stavanger at approximately 17:00. Choose your pick-up point when you book the tour.
- Day trip from Stavanger to the stunning Pulpit Rock
- A local tour guide
- The view of the famous Lysefjorden
- The scenic ferry ride
- The weather, the nature and the fresh air
- The meal at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
- Company of other trekkers
- The awesome feeling after the hike
Who can go?
- Age 8 and up
- You should be in a general good physical condition
- Pick-up and drop-off in Stavanger
- Local tour host / guide
- Trail snacks
- A warm meal after the hike
- Photo service – we bring a camera and take pictures for you
What can be added?
- Trekking poles
- Pick-up at your choice in the Stavanger City area
- Souvenir Box
You should bring
- Proper shoes and clothing
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen if sunny
- Raingear if rainy
- 06.50 Park Inn by Radisson Stavanger Hotel
- 07:00 Clarion Hotel Stavanger (next to Radisson Royal Hotel and Quality Square Hotel)
- 07:05 Stavanger Tourist Information Office
- 07:10 Clarion Collection Skagen Brygge Hotel (next to Victoria Hotel & Havly Hotel)
- 07:15 Scandic Stavanger City
- 08:05 Lilland Bryggerihotell (Tau)
- 08:35 Arrival at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
- 17:00 Back in Stavanger
For NOK 250,- we can pick you and your party up at other locations in the Stavanger City area. Please fill in where and we will give you a pick-up time the day before departure.
– from NOK 1.495,-
TROUBLE BOOKING ON MOBILE DEVICES? CLICK HERE