PULPIT ROCK CLASSIC
Our most popular guided tour to the breathtaking Pulpit Rock. Join our daily guided hike to one of the world’s most iconic destinations. Amazing views, famous fjords, beautiful nature & lakes – it’s a classic!
Now open for reservations from April 24th 2018!
PRICE FROM NOK 1.500,-
The Pulpit Rock
The Pulpit Rock, or Preikestolen as we say in Norwegian, has been named one of the world’s most spectacular viewing points by both CNN Go and Lonely Planet. It is the most visited nature attraction in Norway, and is a must-see for visitors to Stavanger!
Every year, The Pulpit Rock welcomes more visitors than any other nature-destination in Norway. In 2017, approximately 285,000 hikers made their way up to the top of the imposing cliff that hangs 604 meters above the Lysefjord.
- Style: Daily departure from Stavanger
- Group size: Maximum 8
- Distance: A 9km hike in hilly terrain / total ascent 500 meters
- Difficulty: Medium / Moderate. Children should be 8 years or more
- Duration: Approx 10 hours (incl transportation)
- What to wear: Lightweight hiking shoes or hiking boots, and clothing according to the weather. Hiking shoes and waterproof pants/jacket can be rented
Pulpit Rock Classic is a daily, guided hike tour for a maximum of 8 people, with pick-up points in Stavanger. We arrange transportation, including the scenic ferry ride, and make sure you get back and forth in a comfortable and convenient way. An early start puts us in position at the trail to Preikestolen before the crowds arrive. A local tour host will come along for the whole trip to make sure you have the best possible experience. He/she will stop at all the all the good photo and viewing points (even the secret ones), and will bring selected Norwegian trail snacks for the hike.
The hike itself takes about 5 hours round trip and is 9 kilometers long, consisting of slightly hilly terrain. You should be in generally good physical condition, and children should be 8 years or older. At the mountain plateau, rising 604 meters above Lysefjorden, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the spectacular view and take your selfies and pics. But remember – we do it in a safe manner!
Warm soup and freshly baked bread is waiting for us at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge after the hike.
You should wear lightweight hiking shoes or hiking boots, and clothing according to the weather.
The first pick-up is at 06:50 and the tour ends back in Stavanger at approximately 17:00. Please select your pick-up point when you book the tour.
- Day trip from Stavanger to the stunning Pulpit Rock
- A local tour guide
- The view of the famous Lysefjorden
- The scenic ferry ride
- The weather, the nature and the fresh air
- The meal at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
- Company of other trekkers
- The awesome feeling after the hike
Who can go?
- Age 8 and up
- You should be in a general good physical condition. The main trail consists of several long and steep stairways made out of stones and rocks. Especially going down can be a challenge on the knees and the legs.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Stavanger
- Local tour host / guide
- Trail snacks
- A warm meal after the hike
- Photo service – we bring a camera and take pictures for you
What can be added?
- Trekking poles
- Pick-up at your choice in the Stavanger City area
- Shoes and clothes
You should bring
- Proper shoes and clothing
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen if sunny
- Raingear if rainy
- 06:45 Stavanger Bed & Breakfast
- 06:55 St Svithun
- 07.00 Park Inn by Radisson Stavanger Hotel
- 07:10 Clarion Hotel Stavanger (also pick-up location for Radisson Royal Hotel, Radisson Atlantic Hotel, and Quality Square Hotel)
- 07:15 Clarion Collection Skagen Brygge Hotel (also pick-up location for Victoria Hotel & Havly Hotel)
- 07:20 Scandic Stavanger City
- 07:30 Departure ferry
- 08:15 Lilland Bryggerihotell (Tau)
For NOK 250,- we can pick you and your party up at other locations in the Stavanger City area. Please fill in where and we will give you a pick-up time the day before departure.
– from NOK 1.500,-