DAILY GUIDED KAYAK TOUR
Welcome to our daily guided kayak tour. We start every day at noon, from the harbour in Jørpeland, approx 1 hour from Stavanger. The group will paddle and enjoy the wildlife along the Islands of Jørpeland. If we’re lucky we might see birds, salmon and seals along the beautiful coastline. We’ll also pass the artwork called “Norwegian Stonehenge”.
Our guide will provide you with information about nature and local history.
We have waterproof jackets for rainy days – the experience is still great if it is a bit wet and rainy.
PRICES: NOK 790,- adults / NOK 590,- children (age 10-16 yrs)
- Style: Daily departure from the harbour of Jørpeland 01. May – 30.September
- Difficulty: EASY. No prior kayak experience needed.
- Duration: 3 hours. (appr. 2.5 hrs on the water). The complete tour distance 4-12km, depending on speed of the group.
- When: Daily at noon – 3pm (12-15)
- Where: Meeting point is our beachflag – Jørpeland Kai
Jørpelandsvågen, 4100 Jørpeland
(closest navi address is Direktør Sæthersgate 29, Jørpeland)
- How to get here: Take the ferry from Stavanger to Tau. As soon as you get off the ferry take one of the buses to the harbour of Jørpeland.
For this tour no prior kayak experience is needed! Simple paddle techniques and safety instructions will be given by our guide prior to the tour. Hence the tour is suitable for people of most ages.(Except of children under 10yrs)
You will paddle in double sea kayaks, which run very stable on the water. For more experienced paddlers, single sea kayaks are available.
The tour in Jørpeland starts every day at noon. Please note that a reservation for the daily tour is required.
Last option to book this tour online for the same day is 11am. Give us a call when it’s later than 11am (Oslo time) and you still want to join the same day. We do have limited capacity on the tour, but we’ll see if we can still fit you in. For groups it’s also possible to arrange tour at other times.