PREIKESTOLEN SUNRISE HIKE!
We invite you to experience a unique Preikestolen hiking adventure, guaranteed to be crowd-free! Join us on a twilight hike to Preikestolen and in addition catch the sun rising over the Lysefjord.
PRICE FROM NOK 1.290,-
The Pulpit Rock
On an annual basis, Preikestolen welcomes more visitors than any other trekking-destination in Norway. In 2017, approximately 300,000 hikers are expected to make their way up to the top of the imposing cliff that hangs 604 meters above the Lysefjord.
- Style: Selected dates may-june / Daily departure in july-september
- Group size: Maximum 7
- Distance: A 8km hike
- Difficulty: Moderate. Children should be 8 years or more
- Duration: 9-12.5 hours (depends on time of year, weather, and pick-up location)
Your professional guide will meet you during the wee-hours of the morning (please select a meeting-point when booking) and transport you to the base of the hiking trail. You’ll start your adventure in the midst of darkness and walk with headlamps through the twilight of the night. After approximately 2.5 hours of trekking, you’ll reach Preikestolen where, after finding yourself a beautiful spot to relax, you’ll watch as the first deep orange beams of sunlight illuminate the steep mountain walls that tower over the Lysefjord.
Long before the first tourist-packed buses arrive from Stavanger, you’ll be on your way back down the trail to conclude your unique hiking experience with a well-deserved breakfast at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge. In the late season, we will most likely return too late for breakfast. In that case, the Mountain Lodge will serve you a delicious hot soup and home-made bread instead.
The hike is Moderate Difficulty: Suitable for people of most ages – excluding children younger than 8 yrs. – who are in general good condition, and have previous hiking experience.
The tour ends in Stavanger between* 10:00am and 13:30 (01:30pm).
*This is an approximation which depends highly on the time of year, weather, and other factors.
NOTE: Make sure you book the right date.
You will be picked up (very) early in the morning, and you’ll be back between 10:00am – 13:30 (01:30pm) on the date you select when booking.
You should wear lightweight hiking shoes or hiking boots, and clothing according to the weather.
- Day trip from Stavanger to the stunning Pulpit Rock
- A professional tour guide
- The view of the famous Lysefjorden
- A fantastic night-hiking and the sunrise
- Norwegian weather, the nature and the fresh air
- The meal at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
Who can go?
The Preikestolen sunrise hike is Moderate Difficulty: Consequently suitable for people of most ages – excluding children younger than 8 yrs. – who are in general good condition, and have previous hiking experience.
- Transportation (including ferry crossings)
- Pick-up and drop-off in Stavanger
- Professional tour guide
- Headlamp for night-hiking
- Hiking poles
- Hot beverages & snack during the hike
- Breakfast or hot soup at Preikestolen Mountain Lodge
What can be added?
- Hiking shoes
- Outdoor clothing
You should bring
- Proper hiking boots
- Outdoor clothing: water-resistant (+insulated spring & autumn) pants,
rain-proof jacket, woolen sweater
- Small backpack with additional clothing layers/thermal underwear
- Packed lunch / bottled water / additional snacks
(NOTE: NO JEANS/SNEAKERS!)
Changes due to weather:
Due to the possibility of rapidly-changing weather conditions, it may be necessary to make changes to scheduled trips. In the event that your trip needs to be rescheduled for another day or cancelled on short notice, you may choose between joining the rescheduled trip or getting a refund. In the event that weather conditions deteriorate during your trip, it may be necessary to turn around on the trail or head back earlier than planned. If this happens, no refunds will be given.
NOTE: Make sure to book the right date. The guide will pick you up (very) early in the morning, and you’ll be back around noon on the date you select.
– from NOK 1290,-